Experiences in Outreach

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

In The Mirror

I have been reading a daily devotional book on how to be externally focused in the world today. In the book it talks about ways to be Jesus in your daily travels which, has really impacted my life because it is practical in a way that I could see myself doing some of the things suggested.

I was sitting a breakfast this morning and noticed a family of three at a booth waiting on their food. They looked quite sad, in fact one the teenage boys had his head face down on the table. He could have just been sleepy, I'm not sure. I decided that this would be a good opportunity to walk the talk and so I asked the waiter if he would give me a piece of paper and pen so I could write a note. I wrote a simple message, "Your breakfast has been taken care of. God loves you. Have a great day". I asked the waiter that when they got ready to pay the bill to give them the note. After finishing my breakfast, I paid both mine and their ticket and got in my truck to leave. As I backed out, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the three of them standing outside the entrance of the resturant gazing at the note and looking at each other with a smile.

It's the best thing I have ever seen in my mirror. God's love making a difference in very simple ways.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • very cool Mark, and inspiring!

    By Blogger susan, at 6:53 PM  

  • Good Day :) God is Love, May you experience God's Love this Day, may we really learn to Praise him in all things :) Lets Share God's Love today :) You are Loved!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home